Motorcycle Rider Skills Course (MRC)
This course is designed to teach a student the basic rider skills that will assist the
rider to start to ride independently and responsibly on the road and consists of 20% theory and 80% practical training.
This course covers aspects such as:
- Mastering the primary controls (throttle, brakes, and clutch)
- Pulling off safely
- Use of the different brakes
- Changing gears
- Cornering skills
People that master the techniques presented in this course become competent to progress to the next level courses. For existing riders, this course refreshes and enhances existing rider skills.
- Road bikes (125cc and greater)
The following is required in order to attend the course:
- The student must be able to ride a bicycle
- The student must have basic riding kit such as helmet, goggles, gloves, sturdy pants, and proper ankle protection.
Saturday 8am - 12:30pm
- R 950 per rider (Refreshments are served and a light lunch is also included)
- R 550 to rent an academy bike per day
- R 150 to rent gear (helmet, gloves & goggles)