The intermediate rider skills motorcycle course is designed around the principles of mind-set, mastering the primary controls,
unison, balance and body position and interpreting the terrain.
For dirt bikes & All-Terrain Vehicles (ATV).
This course instils essential skills around effective use of the controls, balance, emergency braking and basic up and downhill techniques and more. This course prepares the rider for more advanced riding practices.
This course covers aspects such as:
- Understanding bike / ATV maintenance.
- Mounting a bike / ATV and understanding balance and body positions.
- Mastering the primary controls (throttle, brakes, and clutch, and gearing).
- Basic up and down hill techniques, and emergency braking.
- Essential rider controls and balance, basic sitting and standing positions.
- Up and down hills.
- Riding side slopes.
- Manoeuvring the bike or ATV in different types of terrains.
People that master the techniques presented in this course become competent to progress to the next level courses. For existing riders this course refreshes and enhances existing rider skills.
The following bike/ATV categories are covered:
- Dirt bikes (off-road and motocross)
- Dual purpose bikes
- All-terrain vehicles
- Utility quads
- The following is required in order to attend the course:
- The student must be able to ride a motorcycle comfortably on normal roads and / or of-road terrains
- The student must have basic riding kit such as helmet, goggles, gloves, sturdy pants, and proper ankle protection
Saturday 8am - 3pm
- R 950 per rider (Refreshments are served and a light lunch is also included)
- R 550 to rent an academy bike per day
- R 150 to rent gear (helmet, gloves & goggles)