Dual Purpose - Pillion
COURSES ON REQUEST
This motorbike course is designed around Adventure Bikes.
Riding a bike on your own is great, but sharing the experience with a pillion makes it all the more memorable!
The course is based on our one day Dual Purpose Rider Skills course, amended to incorporate the pillion practices into the training.
This course instills essential riding skills around the effective use of the controls, balance, emergency braking and basic up and downhill techniques and more.
The course covers the required static exercises to understand the bike and rider/pillion combination, extended towards the essence of good riding practices by focusing on the effective use of all the primary controls with the pillion. This course integrates rider, pillion and basic techniques.
This course covers aspects such as:
• Mounting a bike and understanding balance and body positions.
• Mastering the primary controls with the pillion (throttle, brakes, clutch, and gearing).
• Essential rider controls and balance, basic sitting and standing positions.
• Basic up and down hill techniques, and emergency braking.
• Manoeuvring the bike in different types of terrains.
• Up and down hills.
The following categories are covered:
- Dual Purpose Bikes
The following is required in order to attend the course:
• The student must be able to ride a motorcycle comfortably on normal roads and / or off-road terrains, it is advisable that the Rider should have completed a basic/introduction course before attending the course with his/her pillion.
• The student and pillion must have basic riding kit such as helmet, goggles, gloves, sturdy pants, and proper ankle protection.
Saturday 08:00 for 08:30 till 15:00
Any… As long as you CAN ride a motorcycle or have completed the New Rider Skills Course.
R1300 per rider and pillion (Refreshments are served and a light lunch is also included)
R550 to rent academy bike
R150 to rent gear (Helmet, gloves and goggles)